USE THE PLOT – DON’T LOSE IT!
Download the Use the Plot flyer
Edible Essex would like to invite all secondary schools in Essex to take part in the ‘Use the Plot’ competition.
Design a project with a budget of £500 that will either create or enhance an allotment area at school.
The ultimate aim of your project will be to encourage students to lead healthy lifestyles by learning about growing and using fresh fruit and veg.
The winning school will be able to carry out their idea and will also receive £100 in gardening vouchers as a bonus, if the project is implemented successfully.
Runners up will each receive £100 in gardening vouchers.
What you have to do:
- Register your school. You will then be able to download the project proposal template.
- Read the guidelines in the Use the plot competition document
- Do some research and come up with your idea
- Write your proposal using the template and email it back to us.
- Proposals muct be received by 23rd January 2015.
We want to know what you could change or implement in your school grounds and what you hope to achieve. We are interested in how you plan to grow food and how you will ultimately use the produce.
Thank you to to the Augustine Courtauld Trust for supporting this project.